[openstack-dev] [Openstack-docs] [Heat][Documentation] Heat template documentation

Tomas Sedovic tsedovic at redhat.com
Wed May 28 12:22:51 UTC 2014

On 28/05/14 10:05, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Tue, May 27 2014, Gauvain Pocentek wrote:
>
>> So my feeling is that we should work on the tools to convert RST
>> (or whatever format, but RST seems to be the "norm" for openstack
>> projects) to docbook, and generate our online documentation from
>> there. There are tools that can help us doing that, and I don't
>> see an other solution that would make us move forward.
>>
>> Anne, you talked about experimenting with the end user guide, and
>> after the discussion and the technical info brought by Doug,
>> Steve and Steven, I now think it is worth trying.
>
> I think it's a very good idea.
>
> FWIW, AsciiDoc¹ has a nice markup format that can be converted to
> Docbook. I know it's not RST, but it's still better than writing
> XML IMHO.

I would voice my support for AsciiDoc as well. Conversion to DocBook
was what it was designed for and the two should be be semantically
equivalent (i.e. any markup we're using in our DocBook sources should
be available in AsciiDoc as well).

These two articles provide a good quick introduction:

http://asciidoctor.org/docs/asciidoc-writers-guide/

http://asciidoctor.org/docs/asciidoc-syntax-quick-reference/