[openstack-dev] Designate Incubation Request

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 00:42:47 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Hayes, Graham <graham.hayes at hp.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Designate would like to apply for incubation status in OpenStack.

> Our application is here:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Designate/Incubation_Application

Based on
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/incubation-integration-requirements.rstI
have a few questions:

* You mention nova's dns capabilities as not being adequate one of the
incubation requirements is:

  Project should not inadvertently duplicate functionality present in other
  OpenStack projects. If they do, they should have a clear plan and timeframe
  to prevent long-term scope duplication

    So what is the plan for this?

* Can you expand on why this doesn't make sense in neutron when things
like LBaaS do.

* Your application doesn't cover all the items raised in the incubation
requirements list. For example the QA requirement of

 Project must have a basic devstack-gate job set up

  which as far as I can tell isn't really there, although there
appears to be a devstack based job run as third party which in at
least once case didn't run on a merged patch
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/91115/)