[openstack-dev] [MagnetoDB] MagnetoDB events & notifications

Charles Wang Charles_Wang at symantec.com
Tue May 27 14:56:22 UTC 2014

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Although it looks like MagnetoDB Events & Notifications component has some similarities to Ceilometer, it is much narrower scope. We only plan to provide immediate and periodic notifications of MagnetoDB table/data item CRUD activities based on Oslo Notification. There’s no backend database storing them, and no query API for those notifications. They are different from Ceilometer metrics and events. In the future when we integrate with Ceilometer, the MagnetoDB notifications are fed into Ceilometer to collect Ceilometer metrics, and/or generate Ceilometer events. Basically Ceilometer will be a consumer of MagnetoDB notifications.

I’ll update the wiki further to define our scope clearer, and possibly drop the word "events” to indicate we focus on notifications.

Regards,

Charles