[openstack-dev] [keystone][federation] Coordination for Juno

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:39:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 6:30 AM, Marco Fargetta
<Marco.Fargetta at ct.infn.it>wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> >   • Federated Keystone and Horizon
> >       □ Completely open-ended, there isn't much an expectation that we
> deliver
> >         this in Juno, but it's something we should start thinking about.
> >       □
>
> I have just registered a new blueprint for this point:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/saml-web-authn
>
> Could you have a look and let me know if it make sense for the integration
> with keystone
> before I start with the code?

That's a comparable blueprint to how we've written them historically, but
you're about to be bitten by a change in process (sorry!).

Starting with work landing in Juno milestone 2, we're going to start
requiring that design work be done using the following template:

  https://github.com/openstack/keystone-specs/blob/master/specs/template.rst

And proposed against the release during which the work is intended to ship,
for example:

  https://github.com/openstack/keystone-specs/tree/master/specs/juno

Since we're new to this as well, I'd also suggest referencing nova's -specs
repo which has a head start on keystone's (and is where we're copying the
overall process from):

  https://github.com/openstack/nova-specs