[openstack-dev] [Clients] [meetings] How can I find client release version related to an OpenStack stable release?

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:34:06 UTC 2014

Hi stackers:

I have a question about the relationship between the release versions of
the projects and their clients. As we already know, upstream client
releases are independent on OpenStack releases and milestones, which are
supposed to be backward compatible.

So, how could I get the corresponding clients related to a given
OpenStack release version, e.g. 2013.2? I can find all the clients
releases in
https://github.com/openstack/python-${PROJECT}client/releases, but there
is no information about the relationship with the stable releases. Maybe
one possible solution is to find the commit hash from the commits
history according to the tag info from one project repository, then
checkout the client repo according to the hash, am I right? or are there
some other solutions?

I apologize if this question was already covered and I missed it (but I
really can't find any hints after doing some google search)