[openstack-dev] [infra] Gerrit downtime on May 23 for project renames

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 23 00:16:03 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-21 23:52:14 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
> You didn't also ask them to subscribe to the users and/or operators
> mailing lists? I would think at least one of those two lists would be
> quite important for users to stay in the loop about the effort.
[...]

It's also worth noting that we adjust the database to accommodate
project subscriptions, so any Gerrit user who subscribed to the old
project name will still be subscribed under the new name once the
rename is completed, and will thus still receive Gerrit notification
E-mails about changes for it, still see it in their important
changes dashboard, and so on.
--
Jeremy Stanley