[openstack-dev] [TripleO] CI needs YOU

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu May 22 22:24:05 UTC 2014

Ahoy there, TripleO interested parties. In the last few months, we've
gotten a relatively robust, though not nearly complete, CI system for
TripleO. It is a bit unorthodox, as we have a strong desire to ensure
PXE booting works, and that requires us running in our own cloud.

We have this working, in two regions of TripleO deployed clouds which
we manage ourselves. We've had quite a few issues, mostly hardware
related, and some related to the fact that TripleO doesn't have HA yet,
so our CI clouds go down whenever our controllers go down.

Anyway, Derek Higgins, Dan Prince, Robert Collins, and myself, have been
doing most of the heavy lifting on this. As a result, CI is not up and
working all that often. It needs more operational support.

So, I would encourage anyone interested in TripleO development to start
working with us to maintain these two cloud regions (hopefully more
regions will come up soon) so that we can keep CI flowing and expand
coverage to include even more of TripleO.

Thank you!