[openstack-dev] NFV BoF at design summit

Alan Kavanagh alan.kavanagh at ericsson.com
Thu May 22 20:39:06 UTC 2014

+1

I believe the main point is not to confuse what we is need on the Hypervisor and networking but focus on what we need Openstack to support to be a robust and reliable system, for example most systems aim for 5 9's due to various requirements but what they really want to aim for us "predictable and deterministic systems".

I think to be fair to Kevins email, the focus should be that when we issue a port connection that we guanrantee its connected and we have a way to "validate that".

Carrier grade is not just about system availability/uptime but also that we can ensure when a call for an object/resource is requested we can ensure its 99.999% of the time going to be handled and not dropped etc etc etc.

Alan