[openstack-dev] [Storyboard] [UX] Atlanta Storyboard UX Summary

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Thu May 22 14:34:52 UTC 2014

Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> writes:

> It's worth noting, most (>90%) of OpenStack developers aren't trying to
> land or track features across projects. And realistically, in my
> experience working code into different repositories, the blueprint / bug
> culture between projects varies widely (what requires and artifact, how
> big that artifact is, etc).

Fortunately, storyboard doesn't make that simple case any harder.  A
story with a single task looks just like a simple bug in any other
system (including a bug in LP that only "affects" one project).  There
are probably some things we can change in the UI that make that easier
for new users.

It's worth noting that at this point, all blueprint-style stories are
likely to affect at least two projects (nova, nova-specs), possibly many
more (novaclient, tempest, *-manual, ...).  So being able to support
this kind of work is key.  But yeah, we should make the simple case of
"report a bug in nova" easy.  And I think we will.  But storyboard is
barely self-hosting at this point and there's still quite a bit to flesh
out.

-Jim