[openstack-dev] VM performance of Openstack launched over Esxi

Rakesh Sinha rakesh.sinha at gslab.com
Thu May 22 14:09:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am using Openstack Havana Setup with Esxi as Compute Node.

I launch two VMs with identical configuration over the Esxi -> one via
Openstack and other manually via vSphere Client.

VM launched over Esxi manually via vSphere Client performs better than one
via Openstack over Esxi. I am talking in terms of Computation

I am not taking Networking into consideration as in my case they play no
role and they are disabled.

Am I wrong or is that true?

Thanks
Rock