[openstack-dev] [Ironic] handling drivers that will not be third-party tested

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:29:09 UTC 2014

> Linux has a very different model then OpenStack does, the article you
> mention is talking about a whole separate git repo, along with a separate
> (re: just OR, not exclusive or) set of maintainers. If you leave these
> drivers in a staging directory would you still require two cores for the
> code to land? Would this be a bandwidth burden (It can be in nova)?

Yes Linux has a different model and I'm not proposing us to do the
same thing as they do, I just pointed out that what I'm proposing here
is slightly similar.

Sorry about the article, it was a bad reference. The staging dir lives
within the Linux kernel tree[1], perhaps this reference would be
better: http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/linux-staging-update.html

About the review, I would say that yes the 2 +2 approach should work
the same for those drivers just like any other patch in the queue and
If it's become a burden we can always expand the core team.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/staging

Cheers,
Lucas