[openstack-dev] Manual VM migration

Naveed Ahmad 12msccsnahmad at seecs.edu.pk
Thu May 22 06:27:43 UTC 2014

I have devstack based Openstack cloud on two different machines. I am
interested to migrate instance from A to B devstack cloud.

I tried to copy instance files from Cloud A (
../../data/nova/instace--ab-cd-ef )  to Cloud B. I am also copying related
metadata of instance from its database to destination cloud.

After migration, when i restart services on destination cloud, nova-compute
is giving error.

Regards