[openstack-dev] [neutron] Proposed changes to core team

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Wed May 21 20:59:23 UTC 2014

I would like to propose a few changes to the Neutron core team.
Looking at how current cores are contributing, both in terms of review
[1] as well as project participation and attendance at the summit
sessions last week, I am proposing a few changes. As cores, I believe
reviews are critical, but I also believe interacting with the Neutron
and OpenStack communities in general is important.

The first change I'd like to propose is removing Yong Sheng Gong from
neutron-core. Yong has been a core for a long time. I'd like to thank
him for all of his work on Neutron over the years. Going forward, I'd
also to propose that if Yong's participation and review stats improve
he could be fast-tracked back to core status. But for now, his review
stats for the past 90 days do not line up with current cores, and his
participation in general has dropped off. So I am proposing his
removal from neutron-core.

Since we're losing a core team member, I'd like to propose Carl
Baldwin (carl_baldwin) for Neutron core. Carl has been a very active
reviewer for Neutron, his stats are well in-line with other core
reviewers. Additionally, Carl has been leading the L3 sub-team [2] for
a while now. He's a very active member of the Neutron community, and
he is actively leading development of some important features for the
Juno release.

Neutron cores, please vote +1/-1 for the proposed addition of Carl
Baldwin to Neutron core.

I also wanted to mention the process for adding, removing, and
maintaining neutron-core membership is now documented on the wiki here
[3].

Thank you!
Kyle

[1] http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/neutron/90