[openstack-dev] [NFV][QA] Mission statement prosal

Nicolas Barcet nicolas at barcet.com
Wed May 21 15:38:57 UTC 2014

Thanks a lot for the comments so far.  Please see bellow an updated version
trying to integrate the remarks. I have created an Etherpad for this [1] so
that we can jointly update it.

---
Mission statement for the OpenStack NFV Sub-team:

The sub-team aims to define the use cases and identify and prioritise the
requirements which are needed to run Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
instances on top of OpenStack. This work includes identifying functional
gaps, creating blueprints, submitting and reviewing patches to the relevant
OpenStack projects and tracking their completion in support of NFV

The requirements expressed by this group should be made so that each of
them have a test case which can be verified using an OpenSource
implementation. This is to ensure that tests can be done without any
special hardware or proprietary software, which is key for continuous
integration tests in the OpenStack gate. If special setups are required
which cannot be reproduced on the standard OpenStack gate, the use cases
proponent will have to provide a 3rd party CI setup, accessible by
OpenStack infra, which will be used to validate developments against.

--

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nvf-subteam-mission-statement

Further thoughts or updates are welcome here or there.

Nick

Nicolas Barcet <nicolas at barcet.com>
a.k.a. nijaba, nick