[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Updated Object Model?

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue May 20 16:37:26 UTC 2014

Thanks Kyle and Eugene.

I can do this if no one else wants to.  If someone really wants to do this then let me know and I’ll gladly give it up.  Just let me know soon.  I just want to get this done ASAP.

Thanks,
Brandon

From: Eugene Nikanorov <enikanorov at mirantis.com<mailto:enikanorov at mirantis.com>>
Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM
To: "openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Updated Object Model?

Hi folks,

Agree with Kyle, you may go ahead and update the spec on review to reflect the design discussed at the summit.

Thanks,
Eugene.

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at noironetworks.com<mailto:mestery at noironetworks.com>> wrote:
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Brandon Logan
<brandon.logan at rackspace.com<mailto:brandon.logan at rackspace.com>> wrote:
> In the API meeting at the summit, Mark McClain mentioned that the
> existing API should be supported, but deprecated so as not to interrupt
> those using the existing API.  To me, that sounds like the object model
> can change but there needs to be some kind of adapter/translation layer
> that modifies any existing current API calls to the new object model.
>
> So currently there is this blueprint spec that Eugene submitted:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/89903/3/specs/juno/lbaas-api-and-objmodel-improvement.rst
>
> That is implementing the object model with VIP as root object.  I
> suppose this needs to be changed to have the changed we agreed on at the
> summit.  Also, this blueprint should also cover the layer in which to
> the existing API calls get mapped to this object model.
>
> My question is to anyone who knows for certain: should this blueprint
> just be changed to reflect the new object model agreed on at the summit
> or should a new blueprint spec be created?  If it should just be changed
> should it wait until Eugene gets back from vacation since he's the one
> who created this blueprint spec?

If you think it makes sense to change this existing document, I would
say we should update Eugene's spec mentioned above to reflect what was
agreed upon at the summit. I know Eugene is on vacation this week, so
in this case it may be ok for you to push a new revision of his
specification while he's out, updating it to reflect the object model
changes. This way we can make some quick progress on this front. We
won't approve this until he gets back and has a chance to review it.
Let me know if you need help in pulling this spec down and pushing a
new version.

Thanks,
Kyle