[openstack-dev] [devstack] Devstack Multinode on CentOS

Henrique Truta henriquecostatruta at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:15:57 UTC 2014

Hello, Sean!

I'm trying to use Nova Network instead of Neutron due to its simplicity,
that's why I didn't specify any of this on the controller.

On the compute node, I enabled "n-cpu,n-net,n-api,c-sch,c-api,c-vol",
because that's what I thought were needed to become a Host... I'll try to
disable the Cinder API.

The most strange part is that I run stack.sh on the compute node, and ir
runs ok, but it doesn't create anything. Appearantly, it only uses the API
on the Controller :/

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 05:00:26PM EDT, Henrique Truta wrote:
> > Controller localrc: http://paste.openstack.org/show/80953/
> >
> > Compute node localrc: http://paste.openstack.org/show/80955/
>
> These look backwards. The first pastebin link has no enabled services,
> while the pastebin you say is the compute node appears to have API
> services running in the enabled_services list.
>
> So - here's an example from my lab:
>
> Controller localrc:
>
> # Nova
> disable_service n-net
> enable_service n-cpu
>
> # Neutron
> ENABLED_SERVICES+=,neutron,q-svc,q-dhcp,q-meta,q-agt
>
> Compute localrc:
>
> ENABLED_SERVICES=n-cpu,rabbit,neutron,q-agt
>

> --
> Sean M. Collins

Ítalo Henrique Costa Truta