[openstack-dev] [TC][Marconi][All] TC Representative for incubated projects

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue May 20 12:01:15 UTC 2014

Greetings,

After lot of talking, planing and, most importantly, the results of
Marconi's previous graduation attempt, we've been thinking about how
incubated projects can be more aligned, integrated and updated with
the TC and the governance changes.

Most of us are subscribed to the Governance gerrit project, which
updates us with the latest proposed changes. Besides that, most of us
also follow the TC meetings and/or read meeting logs as much as
possible. However, we realise that this might not be enough from a
growth perspective for incubated projects.

It's important for incubated projects to have a representative in the
TC. This person won't be "sponsoring" the project but guiding it from
with a TC hat on. This guidance could be translated in monthly
meetings with the project leader/team to check the project status and
next steps towards graduation.

Marconi's team has, informally, asked Devananda van der Veen to be the
representative of the project in the TC. Devananda kindly accepted the
task.

Since I believe this is useful not just for Marconi but all incubated
projects, I'd like to throw the idea out there hoping this can become
part of the growth process for newly incubated projects.

Cheers,
Flavio

--
@flaper87