[openstack-dev] [ReviewStat] WebUI for review stat

Nachi Ueno nachi at ntti3.com
Tue May 20 01:20:51 UTC 2014

Hi folks

As per neutron discussion,  we agreed there is really important to distribute
 core-reviewer loads.
so we got an idea to specify primary/secondary reviewers for each reviews.

IMO, this is almost impossible without some helper tool.

so, I wrote it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouS5h5Z-W50&feature=youtu.be

This is a review for review stats.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/94288/
# Note, this code is my side work,, so hopefully we can get lower bar
for review :)

sudo python setup.py develop
./run_server.sh
open http://127.0.0.1:8080/

This webui identifies primary/secondary reviewers from comment.
so if you put the comment like this,

primary: mestery, secondary:maru

Kyle, and Maru will be assigned as primary/secondary reviewer.
This is regexp "primary:\s*(.+),\s*secondary:\s*(.+)"

Otherwise, this webui selects primary/secondary from existing
core-reviewer who are reviewing the change set.

Some my thoughts for next steps.

(1) core-reviewer-scheduler
Currently, 208 patch needs core in Neutron related projects.
I feel manual assignment by discussion won't work in this scale...

I think we need core-reviewer-scheduler such as nova-scheduler too.
# I'm not sure cores likes this idea, though

(2) launchpad integration
Yep, it is great if we can also show priorities by launchpad data in here.

(3) Hosting this code in somewhere, (hopefully, in infra)
(4) Performance impact for review.openstack.org
This code is using a heavy rest api call (get all reviews,comment,
reviews for all patches for a project). I hope this code won't kill
the review.openstack.org

Best
Nachi