[openstack-dev] [qa][nova] Status of v3 tests in tempest

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Mon May 19 09:49:08 UTC 2014

It seems the nova team decided in Atlanta that "v3" as currently
understood is never going to exist:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-nova-v3-api.

There are a number of patches in flight that tweak how we handle
supporting both v2/v3 in tempest to reduce duplication.
We need to decide what to do about this. At a minimum, I think we should
stop any work that is inspired by any v3-related activity
except to revert any v2/v3 integration that was already done. We should
really rip out the v3 stuff that was recently added. I know Matt had
some concern about that regarding testing v3 in stable/icehouse but
perhaps he can say more.

  -David