[openstack-dev] Neutron plugin and agent

Thulasi ram Valleru thulasiram.valleru at gmail.com
Sun May 18 12:38:42 UTC 2014

Hello,
        Consider I am using three layer architecture with a single
controller supporting Nova,Swift, Horizon and a networking node with
neutron server, neutron ML2 plugin(Support for Linux bridge, OpenVSwitch),
Brocade VCX plugin, DHCP agents, FaaS agent, L3 agent. Apart from these two
services I have two to three compute nodes where on one of which I am
running KVM hypervisor on Ubuntu Server and Xen Server which supports
OpenVSwitch.

        I am aware that OpenVSwitch agent can be used on the hypervisor
mentioned above. ML2 plugin is enough to support virtual networking for
these Hypervisors. What about Brocade switches? We need additional plugin
for these switches but only a single plugin can be active at a time.

       With out Physical switches we can't run the data center. Modern data
centers are the combination of both physical and virtual switches. So how
do we manage both with Neutron.

        May be my question is answered some where. If you are aware of it
then you could post me the url. Think the way I presented my question is
ambiguous, request you to ignore those facts and answer the question.

Regards,
Thulasiram valleru.