[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Updated Object Model?

Vijay Venkatachalam Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com
Thu May 15 13:56:47 UTC 2014

Hi Stephen:

* The LBtoListener object is grayed out because it will need to exist in the database (to allow Listeners to be re-used, solving the IPv4 + IPv6 common use case), but should not be directly addressable via the user API. (This is also the reason it's got no tenant_id.)

When you say API is not available, it means this should not be considered like a resource/entity. Correct?

But then, there would be API like a bind API, that accepts loadbalancer_id & listener_id,  which creates this object.
And also, there would be an API that will be used to list the listeners of a LoadBalancer.

Right?

* The vip group and vip anti group stuff is meant to solve the vip colocation / apolocation problem. These are optional objects that don't need to be created unless a user has colocation / apolocation needs.  (I'd be happy to run anyone through the logic on how these work, as it's probably not immediately intuitive.)
Yes please, could you explain on the ML!

Thanks,
Vijay V.