[openstack-dev] [nova] plan for moving to using oslo.db

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Tue May 13 11:35:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Roman Podoliaka
<rpodolyaka at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Yes, once the oslo.db initial release is cut, we expect the migration
> from using of its oslo-incubator version to a library one to be as
> simple as following the steps you've mentioned. Though, we still need
> to finish the setup of oslo.db repo (AFAIK, this is currently blocked
> by the fact we don't run gate tests for oslo.db patches. Doug, Victor,
> please correct me, if I'm wrong).

Yes, we need to work out the best way to test pre-releases of the
libraries with apps before we have anything depending on those
libraries so we can avoid breaking anything in a way that is hard to
find or fix. We have a summit session scheduled for Thursday morning
[1].

Doug

1 - http://junodesignsummit.sched.org/event/4f92763857fbe0686fe0436fecae8fbc