[openstack-dev] [oslo][db] oslo.db repository review request

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Tue May 13 11:31:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at enovance.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le vendredi 18 avril 2014, 17:28:04 Victor Sergeyev a écrit :
>> During Icehouse release cycle our team has been working on splitting of
>> openstack common db code into a separate library blueprint [1]. At the
>> moment the issues, mentioned in this bp and [2] are solved and we are
>> moving forward to graduation of oslo.db. You can find the new oslo.db code
>> at [3]
>
> There was a discussion recently about the "oslo" namespace. Sorry, but I don't
> remember the decision.
>
> Should the new module be called "oslo.db" or "olsodb"?
>
> (I would prefer "oslodb", it avoids issues with the "oslo" package.)

Since we think we have been able to solve all of the issues we were
having with namespace packages before, and renaming the existing
libraries using the namespace package would introduce complex
backwards compatibility issues (how would we update the code used by
old versions of apps?), we decided to go ahead and keep using the
namespace package.

Doug