[openstack-dev] [MagnetoDB] Lists as data types in MagnetoDB

Illia Khudoshyn ikhudoshyn at mirantis.com
Mon May 12 14:01:33 UTC 2014

Hi openstackers,

It looks like we should support lists of values in MagnetoDB, along with
sets and single values.

Initially MagnetoDB API was designed compatible with Amazon DynamoDB API.
Currently it supports strings, decimals, blobs and sets of the above as
supported data types. I believe that lists are even more useful collections
than sets so for me it sounds reasonable for us to have it supported. This
should not require much effort for us since Cassandra as the only supported
backend for now supports lists out of the box.

Below is the link to the blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnetodb/+spec/list-as-data-type

Please, share your thoughts

--