[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] API proposal review thoughts

Carlos Garza carlos.garza at rackspace.com
Fri May 9 04:33:55 UTC 2014

On May 8, 2014, at 2:45 PM, Eugene Nikanorov <enikanorov at mirantis.com<mailto:enikanorov at mirantis.com>> wrote:

Hi Carlos,

    Are you saying that we should only have a loadbalancer resource only in the case where we want it to span multiple L2 networks as if it were a router? I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion. Can you explain further.
No, I mean that loadbalancer instance is needed if we need several *different* L2 endpoints for several front ends.
That's basically 'virtual appliance' functionality that we've discussed on today's meeting.

   From looking at the irc log it looks like nothing conclusive came out of the meeting. I don't understand a lot of the conclusions you arrive at. For example your rejecting the notion of a loadbalancer concrete object unless its needed to include multi l2 network support. Will you make an honest effort to describe your objections here in the ML cause if we can't resolve it here its going to spill over into the summit. I certainly don't want this to dominate the summit.

Eugene.