[openstack-dev] [Fuel] How to install openstack into containers using FUEL?

Dmitry Pyzhov dpyzhov at mirantis.com
Wed May 7 08:53:24 UTC 2014

Nobody tried to use docker for slave nodes, I guess.

Actually, you will face several issues. First, you need to install basic
system into docker, install packages and run our postinstall script from
our kickstart file<https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-library/blob/master/deployment/puppet/cobbler/templates/kickstart/centos.ks.erb>.
After that you will need to make sure that nailgun agent sends information
to master node. It will allow you to see node on ui and add it to cluster.
Then you can either manually modify our database and set 'provisioned' flag
for node, or use 'fuel' console client to run deployment without
provisioning.

After that you'll need to solve issues with storages, if any. Almost every
storage expects particular filesystem to be present.

Also our master node use docker for services management in 5.0 release.

If you going to implement it, please share results. It will be very helpful.