[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Node uuid and Nova Hypervisor ID

François Rossigneux francois.rossigneux at inria.fr
Tue May 6 20:36:58 UTC 2014

Devananda,

I get the Nova Hypervisor ID by typing "nova hypervisor-list".
I am developing a resource reservation service and the reservations are
attached to a Nova Hypervisor ID.
I would use Ironic to put the nodes on standby mode when there is no
running instances.
This is why I need to get the Ironic node UUID from a Nova Hypervisor ID...

"http://ironic:6385/v1/nodes?instance_uuid=blablabla" is not a perfect
solution : without running instances, you cannot retrieve the node UUID...

Thanks.

Le 06/05/2014 22:05, Devananda van der Veen a écrit :
> François,
>
> Can you clarify by way of a CLI example what exactly you mean by "nova
> hypervisor id"? I'm not sure if you mean the instance uuid, compute
> host id, service id, or something else.
>
> I'll assume you mean the nova instance uuid, in which case, you can
> get the Ironic node uuid from "nova show $instance" -- it is in the
> hypervisor_hostname field.
>
> -D
>
> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 2:23 AM, François Rossigneux
> <francois.rossigneux at inria.fr> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I need to retrieve the Ironic node uuid from a Nova Hypervisor ID. How can I
>> do that?
>> Thanks.

François Rossigneux
Ingénieur Inria Projet XLcloud