[openstack-dev] [nova] Question about addit log in nova-compute.log

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:44:15 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 01:37 PM, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
> [...]

Sorry, you misunderstood me... I was referring to the resource tracker
above, not a regular user. The resource tracker already knows the total
amount of physical resources available on each compute node, and it
knows the resource usage reported by each compute node. Therefore, the
resource tracker already has all the information it needs to understand
the *actual* overcommit ratio of CPU and memory on each compute node,
regardless of the settings of the *maximum* overcommit ratio on a
compute node (which is in each compute node's nova.conf).

Hope that makes things a bit clearer! Sorry for the confusion :)

Best,
-jay