[openstack-dev] PGP keysigning party for Juno summit in Atlanta?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue May 6 10:36:34 UTC 2014

Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2014-04-29 18:01:44 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> [...]
>> I'll check with the team handling venue logistics right now and
>> update this thread with options. I'm also inquiring about the
>> availability of a projector if we get one of the non-design-session
>> breakout rooms, and I can bring a digital micro/macroscope which
>> ought to do a fair job of showing everyone's photo IDs through it if
>> so (which would enable us to use The 'Sassman-Projected' Method and
>> significantly increase our throughput via parallelization).
>
> I was able to confirm a dedicated location (room 405, just one floor
> up from the design summit sessions) Wednesday 10:30-11:00am with a
> projector and seating for 50. We're getting close to that many on
> the sign-up sheet already... chances are we'll be able to put each
> ID up on the projector for 15-20 seconds, taking buffer time into
> account at the beginning for walking to the room and reading the
> master list checksum aloud. I've asked the organizers to list this
> as "OpenStack Web of Trust: Key Signing" and have updated
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenPGP_Web_of_Trust/Juno_Summit
> accordingly.

Note that we could pick any of the Design Summit rooms (they are larger
and don't require us to move on 4th floor). They should all be empty
during the break.

B301 (160 seats) has infra sessions before and after the Wednesday
10:30am break, so there is overlap in attendance and we can easily push
people out to start the keysigning ASAP.

NB: I may be late as I've a summit presentation in the slot before and I
may stay around to answer questions.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)