[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Heat] Custom Nova Flavor creation through Heat (pt.2)

Dimitri Mazmanov dimitri.mazmanov at ericsson.com
Mon May 5 19:40:08 UTC 2014

This is good! Is there a blueprint describing this idea? Or any plans
describing it in a blueprint?
Would happily share the work.

Should we mix it with flavors in horizon though? I¹m thinking of having a
separate ³Resources² page,
wherein the user can ³define² resources. I¹m not a UX expert though.

But let me come back to the project-scoped flavor creation issues.
Why do you think it¹s such a bad idea to let tenants create flavors for
their project specific needs?

I¹ll refer again to the Steve Hardy¹s proposal:
- Normal user : Can create a private flavor in a tenant where they
  have the Member role (invisible to any other users)
- Tenant Admin user : Can create public flavors in the tenants where they
  have the admin role (visible to all users in the tenant)
- Domain admin user : Can create public flavors in the domains where they
  have the admin role (visible to all users in all tenants in that domain)

> If you actually have 64 flavors, though, and it's overwhelming
> your users, ...

The users won¹t see all 64 flavor, only those they have defined and public.

-

Dimitri