[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Heat] Custom Nova Flavor creation through Heat (pt.2)

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon May 5 18:18:40 UTC 2014

On 05/05/2014 11:40 AM, Solly Ross wrote:
> One thing that I was discussing with @jaypipes and @dansmith over
> on IRC was the possibility of breaking flavors down into separate
> components -- i.e have a disk flavor, a CPU flavor, and a RAM flavor.
> This way, you still get the control of the size of your building blocks
> (e.g. you could restrict RAM to only 2GB, 4GB, or 16GB), but you avoid
> exponential flavor explosion by separating out the axes.

I like this idea because it allows for greater flexibility, but I think
we'd need to think carefully about how to expose it via horizon--maybe
separate tabs within the overall "flavors" page?

As a simplifying view you could keep the existing flavors which group
all of them, while still allowing instances to specify each one
separately if desired.

Chris