[openstack-dev] [infra] elements vs. openstack-infra puppet for CI "infra" nodes

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Mon May 5 12:51:52 UTC 2014

I originally sent this to TripleO but perhaps [infra] would have been a better choice.

The short version is I'd like to run a lightweight (unofficial) mirror for Fedora in infra:

 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90875/

And then in the TripleO CI racks we can run local Squid caches using something like this:

 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/91161/

We have to do something because we see quite a bit of job failures related to unstable mirrors. If using local Squid caches doesn't work out then perhaps we will have to run local mirrors in each TripleO CI rack but I would like to avoid that if possible as it is more resource heavy. Especially because we'll need to do the same things in each rack for Fedora and Ubuntu (both of which run in each TripleO CI test rack).

Dan