[openstack-dev] [ML2] L2 population mechanism driver

Narasimhan, Vivekanandan vivekanandan.narasimhan at hp.com
Mon May 5 00:29:56 UTC 2014

Hi Slawek,

I think L2 pop driver needs to be used in conjunction with other mechanism drivers.

It only deals with pro-actively informing agents on which MAC Addresses became
available/unavailable on cloud nodes and is not meant for binding/unbinding ports
on segments.

If you configure mechanism_drivers=openvswitch,l2population in your ml2_conf.ini and restart
your neutron-server, you'll notice that bind_port is handled by OVS mechanism driver
(via AgentMechanismDriverBase inside ml2/drivers/mech_agent.py).

Vivek