[openstack-dev] [all] Branchless Tempest QA Spec - final draft

Kenichi Oomichi oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp
Sat May 3 07:58:28 UTC 2014

Hi David,

Thanks for clarifying, I heard some requests for the above "2" use case
and the autodiscovery would be nice for it.

> We should modularize the code around discovery so that the discovery
> functions return the changes to conf that would have to be made. The
> callers can then decide how that information is to be used. This would
> support both use cases. I have some changes to the verify_tempest_config
> code that does this which I will push up if the concept is agreed.

Great.

BTW, current API extension lists for Nova(api_extensions/ api_v3_extensions
in tempest.conf) don't work at all because tests with requires_ext() don't
exist in Nova API tests. I will add requires_ext() to Nova API tests, that
will be worth even if the autodiscovery is not implemented.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi