[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Nova][Designate][L3][IPv6] Discussion about Cross-Project Integration of DNS at Summit

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Fri May 2 13:49:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 06:10:20PM EDT, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> Since IPv6 is all public, don't you think that we (might) need a new
> blueprint for IPv6-Only, like just "dns-resolution"?

Yes - I think IPv6 only Neutron is at least one separate blueprint,
possibly more. Robert Li is currently working on a DevStack patch that
moves the management network & API endpoints to be dual stack or ipv6
only.

> BTW, maybe this "dns-resolution" for IPv6-Only networks (if desired) might
> also handle the IPv4 Floating IPs (in a NAT46 fashion)...

I believe that is out of scope and is large enough to warrant separate
blueprints.

--
Sean M. Collins