[openstack-dev] [qa] [cinder] Do we now require schema response validation in tempest clients?

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyam.mann at nectechnologies.in
Thu May 1 12:13:04 UTC 2014

Hi David, Ken'ichi,

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:02 PM Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com>:
>Hi David,

>> There have been a lot of patches that add the validation of response dicts.
>> We need a policy on whether this is required or not. For example, this
>> patch
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/87438/5
>>
>> is for the equivalent of 'cinder service-list' and is a basically a
>> copy of the nova test which now does the validation. So two questions:
>>
>> Is cinder going to do this kind of checking?
>> If so, should new tests be required to do it on submission?

>I'm not sure someone will add the similar validation, which we are adding to Nova API tests, to Cinder API tests also. but it would be nice for Cinder and Tempest. The validation can be applied to the other >projects(Cinder, etc) easily because the base framework is implemented in common rest client of Tempest.

Yes, that will be nice if we start implementing the validation part for other component's APIs test also. I can take this and start implementing the validation for existing tests of cinder. Those can be continue whenever new test cases are going to be added.

>When adding new tests like https://review.openstack.org/#/c/87438 , I don't have strong opinion for including the validation also. These schemas will be large sometimes and the combination in the same patch >would make reviews difficult. In current Nova API test implementations, we are separating them into different patches.

Me too agree.

Thanks
Ghanshyam Mann

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NEC or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NEC or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .