[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Thoughts on current process

Eichberger, German german.eichberger at hp.com
Thu May 1 03:40:27 UTC 2014

Hi ,

As Stephen +1 to everything Jorge said. Another concern is that some decisions impacting LBaaS operator requirements (e.g SSL, flavor framework, service chaining) are discussed/decided in the advanced services group (see https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/AdvancedServices). Vijay did an excellent job involving us in LBaaS in the SSL discussion. Thanks, Vijay!

I am wondering how the process is supposed to work between the two groups. There is a lot of overlap right now and decisions in the areas currently discussed in Advanced Services impact our operator requirements for load balancing a great deal. Kyle, I am wondering if you can provide some guidance what your vision is how LBaaS operator requirements get considered in other parts of Neutron.

Thanks,
German