[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] PTL Candidacy

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Sat Mar 29 13:06:15 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I would like to throw my hat into the ring for the upcoming ceilometer
PTL election.

Over the past three release cycles, I've become increasingly focused
on Telemetry in OpenStack, and feel at this stage that I'm in a
position to make a positive impact on the project as PTL.

We've achieved a lot in taking ceilometer through incubation to become
a well-established integrated component. However both technical and
organizational challenges remain to be tackled, and I'd like to have
the opportunity to be at the helm of that.

As PTL, my intended priorities for Juno would include:

- addressing the known scalability bottlenecks in ceilometer, paying
  down accumulated technical debt at both the architectural and
  micro-levels

- driving quality in the ceilometer codebase with a continued emphasis
  on widening coverage in Tempest, but also testing against more
  realistic datasets at scale

- opening a channel to leverage the real-world experience of cloud
  operators standing up ceilometer, using that "tribal knowledge" to
  guide the project aims and priorities

- continuing to develop ceilometer's role as a cross-cutting
  infrastructure within OpenStack, by seeding further collaboration
  with emerging projects such as Ironic, TripleO and Tuskar

- addressing proliferation issues within ceilometer's growing stable
  of drivers and inspectors, so that active maintainership and
  coverage is guaranteed for everything that remains in-tree

- driving constant renewal within the core project team, so as to
  ensure longer term project sustainability by encouraging emerging
  contributors

My commit history:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/q/owner:eglynn,n,z

My review history: