[openstack-dev] Dependency freeze exception for happybase (I would like version 0.8)

Nadya Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Sat Mar 29 08:17:19 UTC 2014

Sean,
The problem with 0.4 is a very new one. We had critical bug that was fixed
by ConnectionPool usage. This feature is available since 0.5. So we had two
Fix it but have incorrect dependency on 0.4. And we've chosen option 2.

I don't ask to fix dependency on 0.4 if the final decision is "not to
change requirements". I absolutely agree with you that it's too late. I
think it doesn't worth it. 0.4 is too old and unlikely to be used (anyway I
agree that it's still a problem). But if requirements is changed my plea is
to remove 0.4.

Jim,
Yes, it would help. But now I cannot imagine how we can put HBase on
gating. It is not in official repos. Anyway, I'm thinking about it and hope
that solution will be find soon.

Thanks,
Nadya