[openstack-dev] [Infra] PTL Candidacy

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Fri Mar 28 15:19:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to announce my candidacy for the Infrastructure PTL.

I have developed and operated the project infrastructure for several
years and have been honored to serve as the PTL for the Icehouse cycle.

I was instrumental not only in creating the project gating system and
development process, but also in scaling it from three projects to 250.

We face more scaling challenges of a different nature this cycle.
Interest in our development tools and processes in their own right has
increased dramatically.  This is great for us and the project as it
provides new opportunities for contributions.  Helping the
infrastructure projects evolve into more widely useful tools while
maintaining the sharp focus on serving OpenStack's needs that made them
compelling in the first place is a challenge I look forward to.

The amazing growth of the third-party CI system is an area where we can
make a lot of improvement.  During Icehouse, everyone was under deadline
pressure so we tried to limit system or process modifications that would
impact that.  During Juno, I would like to improve the experience both
for third-party CI providers as well as the developers who use their
results.

I am thrilled to be a part of one of the most open free software project
infrastructures, and I would very much like to continue to serve as its
PTL.

Thanks,

Jim