[openstack-dev] [Nova] Not running for PTL

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 13:57:39 UTC 2014

Now that PTL nominations are open for the Juno cycle, it seems
appropriate that I should make my intentions clear.  I do not plan to
run for PTL this cycle.  Nova PTL is truly a full time job.  I'm
planning to take a month off after the Icehouse release for personal
reasons so I feel it's best for the project to let someone else take
over this time.

Nova has a strong group of leaders [1] that work together to make the
project work.  The nova-core team [2] works hard reviewing code to merge
thousands of patches a year without letting the code fall apart.  A
subset of nova-core, the nova-drivers [3] team, has gone above and
beyond during the Icehouse cycle to help review blueprints to set
direction for the project.  Additionally, we have others dedicated to
organizing sub-teams [4]. I'm incredibly thankful for the dedication and
leadership of all of these people.

Thank you all for the opportunity to serve as the Nova PTL for Havana
and Icehouse.  It is truly an honor to work with all of the people that
make OpenStack happen.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova#People
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/25,members
[3] https://launchpad.net/~nova-drivers/+members#active