[openstack-dev] [MagnetoDB] Best practices for uploading large amounts of data

Illia Khudoshyn ikhudoshyn at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 27 18:23:41 UTC 2014

Hi, Openstackers,

I'm currently working on adding bulk data load functionality to MagnetoDB.
This functionality implies inserting huge amounts of data (billions of
rows, gigabytes of data). The data being uploaded is a set of JSON's (for
now). The question I'm interested in is a way of data transportation. For
now I do streaming HTTP POST request from the client side with
gevent.pywsgi on the server side.

Could anybody suggest any (better?) approach for the transportation, please?
What are best practices for that.

Thanks in advance.

--

Best regards,