[openstack-dev] Dependency freeze exception for happybase (I would like version 0.8)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Mar 27 15:12:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

Writing this mail after TTX suggested it in the patch review.

After talking with some Ceilometer people, it appeared that the cap on
happybase (eg: <0.6) was done because of a bug upstream. This bug was,
apparently, fixed in version 0.8.

In Debian, we have already version 0.7 in Sid/Testing, and I uploaded
version 0.8 in Experimental. It would be complicated and not desirable
to revert to an earlier version, and I don't think I'd do that.

For this reason, I would like to ask for a freeze exception and allow
Happy base 0.8 to get in. There's 2 ways to do that:

-happybase>=0.4,<=0.6
+happybase>=0.8

or:

-happybase>=0.4,<=0.6
+happybase>=0.4,!=0.6,!=0.7

In this patch, I did the former:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/82438/

however, I'd be ok to use the later.

I'd like to ask everyone's opinion here. Is it ok to do a freeze
exception in this case? If yes (please, everyone, agree! :) ), then
would >=0.8 or >=0.4,!=0.6,!=0.7 be better?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)