[openstack-dev] Jenkins test logs and their retention period

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:54:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Doug Hellmann
<doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Brant Knudson <blk at acm.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 5:49 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

>>> Part of the challenge is turning off DEBUG is currently embedded in code
>>> in oslo log, which makes it kind of awkward to set sane log levels for
>>> included libraries because it requires an oslo round trip with code to
>>> all the projects to do it.
>>>

>> Here's how it's done in Keystone:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/62068/10/keystone/config.py
>>
>> It's definitely awkward.
>>

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo/+bug/1297950

Currently when you enable debug logs in openstack, the root logger is set
to debug and then we have to go and blacklist specific modules that we
don't want to run on debug. What about instead adding an option to just set
the openstack component at hand to debug log level and not the root logger?
That way we won't have to keep maintaining a blacklist of modules that
generate too many debug logs.