[openstack-dev] [nova] nova-compute not re-establishing connectivity after controller switchover

Chris Behrens cbehrens at codestud.com
Tue Mar 25 01:45:26 UTC 2014

Do you have some sort of network device like a firewall between your compute and rabbit or you failed from one rabbit over to another?  The only cases where I've seen this happen is when the compute side OS doesn't detect a closed connection for various reasons. I'm on my phone and didn't check your logs, but thought I'd throw it out there. If the OS (linux) doesn't know the connection is dead, then obviously the user land software will not, either.  You can netstat on both sides of the connection to see if something is out of whack.