[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS]

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 24 21:04:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

HAProxy driver has not removed from the trunk, instead it became a base for
agent-based driver, so the only haproxy-specific thing in the plugin driver
is device driver name. Namespace driver is a device driver on the agent
side and it was there from the beginning.
The reason for the change is mere refactoring: it seems that solutions that
employ agents could share the same code with only device driver being
specific.

So, everything is in place, HAProxy continues to be the default
implementation of Neutron LBaaS service. It supports spawning haproxy
processes on any host that runs lbaas agent.

Thanks,
Eugene.