[openstack-dev] Spec repos for blueprint development and review

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Mar 24 17:43:54 UTC 2014

On 03/24/2014 01:07 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 03/24/2014 12:34 PM, James E. Blair wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So recently we started this experiment with the compute and qa programs
>> to try using Gerrit to review blueprints.  Launchpad is deficient in
>> this area, and while we hope Storyboard will deal with it much better,
>> but it's not ready yet.
>
> This seems to be a point of confusion.  My view is that Storyboard isn't
> intended to implement what gerrit provides.  Given that, it seems like
> we'd still be using this whether the tracker is launchpad or storyboard.

Agreed. It seems like Storyboard already has it's hands full to get us
off launchpad for status tracking, which I look forward to. The moment
someone says we're ready to take on projects, I'm there.

Gerrit is a very good tool for reviewing things. We've already moved to
it for all the TC workflow for non code things, which I think is a nice
improvement. And I don't see this as a stop gap, I see this as improved
incremental process in an area that we had none. I don't really see this
part of the process changing once Storyboard is available, except we
could probably get story board to pick up the specs links much nicer
than we have the ability to do with launchpad.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America