[openstack-dev] Jenkins test logs and their retention period

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Mar 24 10:49:57 UTC 2014

Here is some preliminary views (it currently ignores the ceilometer
logs, I haven't had a chance to dive in there yet).

It actually looks like a huge part of the issue is olso.messaging, the
bulk of screen-n-cond is oslo.messaging debug errors. It seems that in
debug mode oslo.messaging is basically a 100% trace mode, which include
logging every time a UUID is created and every payload.

I'm not convinced why that's a useful. We don't log every sql statement
we run (with full payload).

The recent integration of oslo.messaging would also explain the new
growth of logs.

Other issues include other oslo utils that have really verbose debug
modes. Like lockutils emitting 4 DEBUG messages for every lock acquired.

Part of the challenge is turning off DEBUG is currently embedded in code
in oslo log, which makes it kind of awkward to set sane log levels for
included libraries because it requires an oslo round trip with code to
all the projects to do it.

	-Sean