[openstack-dev] [nova] Backwards incompatible API changes

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:27:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:00:00 +0100
Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> > But we certainly don't want to end up in the situation of trying to
> > work out how to rollback two backwards incompatible API changes.
>
> My vote still goes to reverting, for all the reasons Chris just
> exposed. I could live with the middle road though... My main concern
> is to avoid breaking release followers with an issue we detected
> pre-release.

I sent an email about this to openstack-operators last Friday
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2014-March/004190.html

So far there has been no response saying that a revert would really
hurt.

I suggest that what we do is wait until Wednesday to give people on the
operators list a little more time to read and respond. If nothing has
come up by then we proceed with the revert.

We'll have to merge the tempest
change first https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81551/

and then the nova patch which has been restored will be able to
merge https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81356/

Chris