[openstack-dev] [NOVA][VMWare][live-migration] VCDriver live migration problem

Shawn Hartsock hartsock at acm.org
Sat Mar 22 22:08:11 UTC 2014

Jay,

On point number 2 I proposed
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-auto-inventory soon
after we merged the Cluster patch because of just the issues you are
highlighting. I may have named it badly and it's purpose maybe
outdated now... so I should definitely work on clarifying things like
that.

My original plan for what I called "auto-inventory" was to enable the
VCDriver to pull out individual ESX hosts and present them as nodes to
Nova.  So I mention this just to say, many of us have the same ideas
but we've not acted on them yet. I think the time will be right to
start working on some of these issues in Juno.

Talk to you Wednesday. We won't finish the discussion then, but we can
at least start having them.